Friday, February 23, 2007

Yeah, my hopes aren’t up AT ALL

So fabulous Raksha just messaged me to say could she come visit me in England in May and I was all HELL YEAH and then she was like, Well, only maybe, and I told her I wasn’t going to get my hopes up because then they’d be crushed and destroyed if she couldn’t come.

This goes along with the reason I haven’t posted in my blog very much lately. It is because my soul is gradually being squelched out of existence by the sheer amount of words I have to write. I had to do 1500 words of research proposal and 3000 words of Early Modern Culture essay for this week, and in two weeks I have 6000 more words of essays to write (two essays), and I also have to do research for them, and the library here (I’m sorry, Albert Sloman! I know you are doing your best to be a stellar library!) is not very good AT ALL, so it is extremely hard to find any secondary sources whatsoever.

Anyway, so there is no joy in my life until after these essays are handed in, and they are so time-consuming and life-consuming that I never have time to write in my blog, and even if I did nothing exciting happens to me because I’m so busy writing essays. So I got back from my sociology class today and Raksha had left me a message saying she might come visit me in England in May if that was okay and now I’m like bouncing up and down in my chair and making a list of foods I can buy that she can eat and exciting places to take her and if anyone else were around right now I’d be going RAKSHA IS COMING TO VISIT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! until their eardrums exploded.

(So it’s probably best no one’s around.)

Internet: RAKSHA IS COMING TO VISIT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*does happy dance*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I saw her brother and he said MAYBE. And he asked, “What is there to do there?” so maybe you can think of some irresistable activities for her to do. Like going to “Avenue Q” in London! But no marshmallow cakes!

Anonymous said...

Wait, why no marshmallow cakes? Marshmallow cakes sound delicious! What are marshmallow cakes?

Anonymous said...

Because they are full of gelatin, darling tim, and Raksha cannot eat gelatin, for it is made of animal connective tissue and she is a vegetablearian.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Damn.