Tuesday, February 6, 2007

NYAHA!

For those of you who thought it was funny to PERSECUTE me by telling me persistently that Lupin had to die because Wormtail had a silver hand and silver kills werewolfs, YOU ARE WRONG. Lupin is not going to be killed by Wormtail with his silver hand, and I have this straight from the horse’s mouth. Ms. Joanne Rowling has taken the time to personally refute this OBVIOUS MYTH on her website. She says, “Nice idea, clearly predicated on the legend that only a silver bullet can kill a werewolf — but incorrect.” HA. HA. HA.

You know what that means? It means that there is no reason whatsoever to suppose that Lupin is going to die. He’s doing his werewolf thing (poor darling; I want to give him a big hug and take him out for hot chocolate. Tonks too, because even though I’m wildly jealous of her I think it’s totally totally suitable and I’m very happy for them both, bless their fictional hearts), and he’s going to be just fine. There is now no more reason to suppose that Lupin is going to die than to suppose anyone else is going to die; indeed rather less because I am still convinced that JK Rowling has a heart and is going to leave Lupin alive to be a support figure for Harry after all this is over. He is going to be fine, and so is Tonks. I have decided. I will not have Lupin upset any further.

However, I’m sure that Wormtail’s silver hand thing is going to be relevant, and I think it’s going to be relevant in the same way that his Debt to Harry is going to be relevant. (Come dawn of 22 July, I’m going to edit this post and you’ll never be able to prove that I said this, if I turn out to be wrong.) But it will not take down Lupin, and the tenor of her response suggests that it will not take down Wretched Fenrir Greyback either. Oh well.

So yeah. YAY!

(I’m in love with Lupin. So very in love.)


SPOILERS ADDED LATER






BIG SPOILERS





WELL, BIGGISH







Added almost a year later: Oh my God, I killed Lupin. It was me. I posted this in February, which was before JK Rowling finished the book, and she probably decided to kill Lupin and Tonks at the very moment that I wrote this. I murdered them both. I am complete rubbish and also a murderess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to state the obvious: Rowling’s initials are JK. That’s right: JK. So you never know, do you? She could be Just Kidding.

Anonymous said...

or Jenny Keegan. *twilight zone music*

Anonymous said...

WRONG! Harry will die, too. It’s obvious.

Anonymous said...

Lupin’s gonna di-ie! There’s lot of reason to suppose it: James died, Sirius died, wormtail’s probably gonna die….Lupin ought to die too, just to complete things properly. Plus, he’s fighting Voldemort, which is a VERY good reason to suppose he’s gonna die!

Anonymous said...

You are all wrong, wrong, wrong!!! No one significant will die because I say so. It’s a fantasy. It’s the last installment. Happiness must trump the darkness of the last 3 books. Surely, JK doesn’t want me to hate her for evermore. So, they all live happily ever after. Amen!!!