Saturday, February 10, 2007

The worst of both worlds

So I’m missing Mardi Gras, which obviously means I’m missing all the delicious strawberry cream cheese king cake, and I’m certainly missing any parades that might be happening (which wouldn’t be such a tragedy if I weren’t also missing the St. Patrick’s Day parade).

But you know what else I’m missing? FREE PANCAKES DAY.

Let me give you that again.

FREE PANCAKES DAY. The day where I could get THREE FREE PANCAKES. FOR FREE.

Because Mardi Gras, it’s also Pancake Day. But it’s Pancake Day in the UK! So why are the International Houses of Pancakes in the US providing free pancakes? I’m missing free pancakes because there is no IHOP near here! At the IHOP on Mardi Gras, they’re giving away three free pancakes. WITH SYRUP.

They ask you sweetly for a donation and whatnot, and that’s all to a very good cause, and then they’re giving away FREE PANCAKES FOR FREE! Look at that picture of pancakes. I made a yearning noise when I espied it. Delicious lovely pancakes.

And I’m mi-hi-hi-hissing it! (That was me whining.) No pancakes and no king cake.

Anyway, you people please go ahead and hit that up for me. Eat your pancakes with joyous joy. Or, if you want really tasty pancakes, go to my house and plead with my sister or my father to make you some pancakes.

(I found out about this on Fark.com. It also had a headline that said, “IAEA cuts half of the technical assistance it was providing to Iran’s nuclear program. In other news, the IAEA is providing technical assistance to Iran’s nuclear program.” Seriously. Scary.)

No comments: