Saturday, March 22, 2008

On the up side

Though I plainly have no self-control whatsoever in all the world, I did pick a good day to do my splurging. Evidently The Movie Shoppe (FYE) celebrates the death of Our Heavenly Savior and the Harrowing of Hell by giving everyone 40% off of used movies. They're holy people.

Mind you, that's not 40% off the new price. It's 40% off the used price, which is already something like 40% off the new price. In addition to which if you bought two used things, you got another one half off. In addition to which I had some store credit. So basically I paid $40 of real money and got four TV show box sets. One, two, three, four. I had fun last night peeling off stickers and taping frayed edges, and today I will do some inspecting to make sure no damage has happened. It's all part of a gloating process that is very necessary to me when I buy new things.

In the interests of full disclosure, I will say that I thought I was going to be paying the full used price for three of these things and then getting the fourth one free. Which would have been good twenty bucks more, as it goes, and I was prepared to pay it. You can imagine how my head exploded with joy when the nice cashier explained about the Jesus discounts.

So. Happy Easter, everyone! I have a whole bunch of new things!

No comments: