Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In the best mood ever; or, Sleep is overrated

No, seriously, I'm in what may actually be the best mood ever. I know that staying up really late and not getting enough sleep is meant to make you seriously cranky, but I am as happy as a clam. Or happier! I am as happy as a girl who just got through staying up all night watching Angel (it's okay! not the same show! I'm allowed to talk about it!) and revising her story, and whose adrenal glands worked like champions pumping out the energy juice. Which is me. Oh, and I also finally handwashed all my delicates, so now I have a whole bunch of cute tops that I haven't worn in weeks because I couldn't be bothered to handwash them. And I did regular laundry. Many clean socks now. And my hair is in pigtails which I now know the French for. And I'm going to the library tonight.

It was all about the corrective emotional experience. Last week was totally sad, because of the DVD player breaking down, thus crushing my soul, but see, this week the plan went smoothly. I ate Cane's (mm, Cane's) and chocolate and drank a lot, a lot, of water. This was all part of the plan for keeping my kidneys happy so that they would give happy vibes to my adrenal glands, which would in turn start pumping out the energy chemicals. It worked. I'm a genius.

I went to bed at seven, woke up at ten-thirty, and went back to sleep until noon. That's not quite five hours sleep, but almost, and I'm all cheerful and humming and doing that thing where my brain is happy but not focused so I keep singing two lines of a song and then switching to a different one because I'm not paying that much attention. It's fun for my flatmates as you can imagine. All of that stressy business about loads of work and writing papers for school and my personal statement and my messy room – all of these things have been most delightfully relegated to the back burner. Yay. All that I am pondering is what kind of chips I'm going to purchase for consumption in the time before my logic class.

Oh, and what the name of my angel is. I learned a lot of new things yesterday, and one of them is that I have an angel and if I pray very hard God will hook me up with his or her name. So that's pretty much what I'll be working on for the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

*teeth gritting*

So your angel has a name. Isn't that special.

*facepalm*

Anonymous said...

I think you've been misled about the crankiness. Sleeplessness usually leads [me] to unjustified euphoria and bubbliness. Yesterday Laura told me she'd ordered a kitchen torch, and I literally started jumping up and down with joy. (This was a little bit justified: I've always wanted to make creme brulee but never had the guts to buy a blowtorch. But - as you must know - jumping for joy is not exactly a standard in my repertoire of ways to greet happy news.)

Jenny said...

Haven't been misled. Not enough sleep makes one cranky. Everyone seems more annoying. I think YOU have been misled because your adrenal glands are making TOO MUCH adrenaline and now you have become psychotic.

...but I'm happy you're happy about the blowtorch.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, tim, you drink lots of water too, so you are just getting confused as to the cause. It's not lack of sleep it's lots of water that made you jump!

Yay for your torch

I wish we had a video of you jumping.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, here's that angel name mystery solved for you: http://www.viloria.com/viloria/adi/guardian.shtml.

Or, if you don't like that one, http://www.fortunecity.com/uproar/sports/301/angel.html.

Or, http://www.angelfire.com/ar/arielohevet/God.html. This page informs us that 'sometimes the names aren't "normal" names such as John, Michael, Mary, etc. Sometimes they are names that are very peculiar sounding...so don't get discouraged !!!'