Thursday, October 19, 2006

This is how tired I am

I went down to pick up some photocopies for my Symbolic Imagination class, and as I’m walking the sun’s in front of me shining into my eyes, and then the wind starts blowing from behind me, and I’m all, Oh Jesus God what is happening! and I look at the sun again, and yes, it is definitely shining towards me, and the wind is definitely blowing my hair towards the sun, and that is completely impossible because the wind cannot blow against to the sun! The wind comes from the sun! They cannot oppose each other! THIS IS SO AGAINST NATURE.

Then the wind switched directions and started blowing away from the sun, and I thought, Oh, okay, I must have been crazy for a second and imagined that the wind was blowing against the sun even though that’s impossible. Phew. Glad order has been restored to the world. And I didn’t realize that all this was completely crazy until I had already picked up the photocopies and was on my way back to the dorm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do get some sleep, darling. I can assure you that staying up late at night so that you can talk to dear ones at home, while a laudable concept, is counterproductive when it results in sleep-deprivation psychosis. And even your nearest and dearest might find PsychoJenny tough on their nerves.

(But we love you anyway)