Thursday, October 12, 2006

Confession of a Philistine

I have never been a fan of Jimi Hendrix. My sister was always like Mwaaaaaa Jimi Hendrix and she played me some of his music and I was not terribly impressed and that was in eighth grade and I haven’t given him another thought since. So I’m sorry, world. I’m sorry, Jimi Hendrix. People told me you were a fucking legend and I didn’t listen. And I apologize. I really do. From the bottom of my heart. Cause I was way totally impressed with that whole guitar-burning thing at the Monterey Pop Festival, and then the other day I saw this and now I’m just really really sorry for being a big Philistine loser.

Now you too can see Jimi Hendrix totally owning “The Star-Spangled Banner”, and I very strongly suggest that you do so cause it’s very eloquent. Also Jimi Hendrix has lovely lovely hands.

See?

Once again, I regret my past thoughts about Jimi Hendrix. I accept full responsibility for not bothering to become informed. Please forgive me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

at music camp, there was a kid there who did this on a cello. it was amazing.

Anonymous said...

i don’t get the philistine reference…like david and goliath??

Anonymous said...

You know, I’ve actually no idea why it should mean this, but there’s a meaning of the word Philistine that means like anti-intellectual, failing to understand or appreciate art, unappreciative of real beauty. Like that.

Anonymous said...

It IS the Philistines, like David and Goliath. Because they were the uncivilized pagans who were going to destroy and massacre the people of God. No appreciation of the arts of Psalm-making and Ark-building, I guess.