Saturday, October 21, 2006

Mm-mm-mm, Tresemme, oo-la-la

Because I get that little TRESemme (I’m doing the capitals correctly not because I care but because I can’t figure out how to make an e with an accent over it) jingle stuck in my head all the time, I couldn’t stop myself from buying TRESemme shampoo and conditioner when I was first grocery shopping here in England, and also they were two for one and I knew they wouldn’t do anything horrendous like make my hair fall out in clumps or turn it purple. So the day before yesterday I finally used the last of the shampoo and conditioner I had brought from home, and I started using the TRESemme (yeah, that’s annoying me. I’m stopping) stuff instead.

And my hair! It smells so good! Smelling my hair is my crack cocaine now! It just smells so yummy! I just can’t stop myself! I’m constantly trying to think of activities that will provide a suitable cover for what is actually me smelling my hair in public. When I go outside, I pretend like I’m keeping my hair wrapped around my hand over my shoulder because it’s windy and I’m trying to prevent my hair from flying everywhere. But in fact I am only doing it so that I can bury my nose in my hair and inhale.

This is how much I like it, and please appreciate that this is the same girl who budgeted ten extra pounds just in case she forgot something and then berated herself for overspending this week. When I run out (not soon since I have almost a liter of each), I may actually pay full price for more shampoo and conditioner. Which would be like seven pounds. So like fourteen dollars. I would spend fourteen dollars of my good money, money that could be used to buy a nice new DVD, or a lovely book, or to pay for photocopies of Oscar Wilde manuscripts and documents, on hair-care products.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go waste some of my valuable time snorting hair.

(That sounds really gross. I am not really snorting it. If I did that it would go inside of my nose, and from what I can tell, my nose is not a pretty place to be right now. My nose–well, never mind.)

No comments: