Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things I feel smug about when watching movies

1) People's fake hair. Every time I see people in films with long hair that is obviously a wig or hair extensions, I'm like, Pfft. Please. My hair is naturally long. (I'm sure I'm jinxing myself horrendously by being so smug about it but I can't help it.)

2) Typewriters. Always. Every time someone has a typewriter in a film, inside my brain I am thinking, Ha, ha, ha, ha. My typewriters are much more better than your typewriters. My typewriters are more elegant and my typewriter that is portable is more cute and my typewriter that is old is more old and is indeed an antique. SO. THERE.

(Yes, that's what I was thinking all through Atonement. As soon as the typewriter noises started, I was thinking, Well, we'll just see about that, won't we? And when the typewriter showed up, I was not paying any attention to the dirty words James McAvoy was typing – the old people in the audience all were, however, and whispered urgently to each other – but was in fact thinking, Please. My typewriter is so much better.)

No comments: