Monday, January 14, 2008

A post no one else cares about but me

However, I need to have this on record somewhere accessible by public interweb, because I am constantly trying to remember all of these things and spending a lot of valuable time, which could be spent doing other things like reading and writing a story and listening to new music and learning the languages on my list, dredging them up out of my unwilling brain.

I often find myself thinking: Neil Gaiman steals all of his ideas from Diana Wynne Jones, and then I can't remember what ideas he has stolen from her. And of course he doesn't steal all his ideas from her, because he is a creative chap and it would be very cool to live inside his head. Seriously, I think that it must be very very cool to be Neil Gaiman and have all those weird ideas in your head. But, he frequently steals ideas from Diana Wynne Jones though undoubtedly with her permission because he goes completely different ways with them and anyway they are BFF and I'm sure she doesn't care.

1) He stole the idea for American Gods from Eight Days of Luke. He said.
2) He stole the idea for MirrorMask from Charmed Life. I think a bit.
3) That's all I can remember but I KNOW THERE IS AT LEAST ONE MORE.

Well, this is why this post is a good idea, because I know that I will remember eventually, and then I will update this post, and then I will remember them forever. Ha.

Edit to add: Oh yes. Stardust and Howl's Moving Castle. It all comes back to me. That John Donne poem.

No comments: