Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nailing my colors to the mast

Or, no, nailing my--hm. I'm actually really not sure what the metaphor is. I think that's right, unless it's supposed to be flying your colors, and I'm getting it mixed up with Martin Luther nailing his theses to the church door. Who knows?

Anyway, this is my manifesto. I will not deviate from it in any way. I am not going to be manipulated in the same way twice. I went through it once before, and for what? Nothing! For lots of intense hugging (Robyn sees where this is going) and that drug person and a gun man (who I forgot about until just this second. Hey, Robyn, remember that drug girl and the gun man?)

I like Noel. I don't like Ben. Ben is a big jerk. Noel is nice and has the cutest fucking eyebrow tic in the whole world. Ben is mean and made Felicity cut off her dramatic and beautiful hair. The writers can try as they might, but it just won't work this time. I know what I like, and it IS NOT BEN. I assure you. I just cannot emphasize this point strongly enough. I do not like Ben. The writers of Felicity can never make me like Ben. Don't think that they can. I am saying this with complete mindfulness of all the nice things that Ben does later, and even taking all of those things into consideration, and even remembering that Noel later on changes his name to Leon (why the hell? I can't even remember why that happens) and gets crazy, STILL I say to you that I will never ever ever like Ben better than Noel. Ever. Won't happen, nope.

Colors now officially nailed. Or whatever. And now on to my work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how about when Ben helps Javier to propose? What about that, eh? You know your heart melts.

Jenny said...

NO. My heart does NOT melt. I DO NOT CARE. I only like NOEL (and David). I will never like Ben.

Also, Robyn and I were talking about Felicity's therapist person, and how she's pretty good for a TV shrink, but then we thought, ya know, if she's such a good therapist then why isn't she asking Felicity why she insists on sabotaging all her relationships?

Pause and think about this: Felicity cheats on EVERY BOYFRIEND that she EVER HAS. She cheats on Noel with Oscar the Mad Art Student (or whatever that kid's name is), and she cheats on David with Noel, and she cheats on Ben with Noel too. I ask you.