Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Update again! Oh, but it’s so much more exciting than the last one!

Oh, but I totally can’t tell what it is! Even though it’s soooo sweet and I got all teary-eyed and fell in love with — um. Someone. My lips are sealed, sealed, sealed. Because I care about Robyn, my dearest darling little sister, and we are totally hitting up watching Friends together when I get back to the States, and I shan’t ruin everything for her. The two of us are going to have a big Friends fest (much like the one I’m having now except so much better because there will be TWO of us!) and it will be just like the old days with Felicity.

The old days with Felicity were like halcyon days. Because many many years ago, my grandmother became desperately hooked on Felicity like a crazy lady, and every time one of us got on the phone with her she would bring us up to date on everything that was happening with Felicity and Ben and Noel (they were a love triangle). And then my mother and I went to Atlanta to take care of my aunt while my grandparents went on vacation, and as luck would have it, the show was going through a very romantic and exciting epoch with Ben and Felicity drawing closer and closer to true love, so we became addicted to it also and the very last night we were there Ben did a grand gesture and Felicity loved him and they made out in the fantastic loft apartment watching a flim, and it was all closurey.

Then Robyn and I recentlyish checked out the first season of Felicity from the library, and even though it was the trashiest show of all time except maybe the O.C. which I’ve never seen (yet! but my capacity for trashy television may be endless!) we could not stop watching it. We were very in love with Noel because he had this adorable little eyebrow tic that happened every time he totally loved Felicity, and we swore to each other that we would not let the writers manipulate us into loving Ben the Jerk, but then we totally did. And we sang along with the awful theme song and treasured each moment (especially the ones with Javier). And those were the good days. For us. Maybe not the rest of the family.

And THAT is what is going to happen with Friends. I have Decided. And if Robyn objects I will nail her to her bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will be no need to nail me to the bed. I love being hooked on trashy TV. I’m very glad you refrained from telling me the exciting details of Friends. When you come home, we’re getting together and (making our own popcorn) watching Friends!