Thursday, January 25, 2007

The birthday of Anna banana

It’s today! Happy birthday Anna! Hooray for you, it is your birthday!

A list of five things I would like the world to know about Anna:

1. When we were little I bit her foot and she tattled on me. Or possibly she bit my foot and I tattled on her. These things get very hazy as time goes by. Anyway, one of us was a dirty tattletale. We are sister-friends again now but it took a lot of therapy because you can’t just get over something like that right away.

2. She likes to climb up very high trees and sit in them doing knitting or whittling. She also likes to have a very big stick that she has skinned and conquered, so that she can whap people with it, like that time Bonnie slept over and turned off a light in the middle of the night and Anna whapped her with Cudgie (that is the name of her much-lamented (by her) cudgel). This is really two things about Anna but I think it counts as one because they are both wood-related.

3. She got hooked on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip just by listening to it. She didn’t even watch the first like seven episodes but she was so intrigued by what she heard that she started watching it with us. Mondays at 10 on NBC! Unless you want it to get cancelled like every other good show in the whole world!

4. As a child she liked to catch lizards, and this one time she caught a lizard and Robyn really wanted to hold it and Anna told her she couldn’t hold it unless she kissed it first. So Robyn did. And then the lizard bit her. And I came outside because Robyn was screaming, and there was a lil lizard dangling from her lip. That was Anna’s fault. Additionally, she and Robyn caught a toad once and tied yarn around his neck to keep him close to home and named him Mr. Toilet.

5. She is Scooter Girl. Fear her; for you cannot approach the coolness of Scooter Girl.

Bonus: She got me “The Sound of Her Wings” for Christmas because she is JUST THAT AWESOME.

Happy happy birthday
Today’s your happy day
I hope it’s really happy
In every happy way!
HEY!

That was my beautiful and moving birthday tribute to my sister. And here’s one in photos.




(I like watching Anna have her hair straightened. That is my very cool Aunt Carolyn doing the straightening, and it is a brand new extra-super-good straightener she is using.)

Edit: I just remembered the third thing I was going to say about Anna. Originally, instead of that Studio 60 thing I was going to say that Anna is a fierce warrior goddess, but then like the second before I typed it the words “warrior goddess” fell out of my head and I couldn’t remember what I had intended to say. Her auditory love for Studio 60 seems important now, so rather than swap them out, I’m just adding this as an alternate number three.

3. She is a fierce warrior goddess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that emotionally powerful moment in Children’s Liturgy, when Anna admitted that when she saw your neatly-made bed, with its orderly array of stuffed animals, she was sometimes overcome by a driving need to mess up the blankets and fling your glassy-eyed companions to the four quarters of the wind.

Even warrior goddesses have their weaknesses.

Anonymous said...

Robyn on reading this now insists that she TOTALLY would NEVER EVER have even CONSIDERED kissing the lizard, and I SHOVED it in her FACE.

But she lies, as mom and I both told her.

Anonymous said...

I didn’t kiss it! And Mom wasn’t even present until there was a lizard dangling from my chin