Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I’m supposed to be sleeping right now

because today is my day off. I get to sleep when it’s my day off. I went to bed late last night because today was my day off and I knew that I could sleep very late today. But instead I was awakened by a very loud fire alarm in the middle of a dream that I don’t remember but it may have involved cheese, and I had to go outside and stand in the cold for a half hour, all because someone in the flat above me burnt their toast and filled their flat with smoke. As if they needed toast.

Lucky for my flat, we have an insider in theirs. Flick’s room in our flat leaked and so she moved upstairs, and now we will use her to suspend their toast privileges. Their toaster will have to come down to live on our floor for a while. It may be harsh, but the lesson must be learned; and anyway it was not as harsh as sending us all down to stand in a wind tunnel in flip-flops and dressing gowns when half of us were still having merry dreams.

Now I’m going to go do something that sucks like, like, like work on my research proposal or read T.S. Eliot’s literary theory. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*wraps Pashmina shawl closer at the very idea of standing in a wind tunnel in flip flops* I suppose they thought they could scrape the black stuff off, but you never can. And it turns the butter black, too.