Monday, November 27, 2006

Okay, here’s what I don’t get about The Wizard of Oz

So Dorothy drops a house on the Wicked Witch, and everyone has a big celebration, and Glinda’s all, Dee dee dee dee dee, isn’t everything merry, and then comes the other Wicked Witch, and Glinda’s like, Oh, yeah, forgot to tell you, there’s another wicked witch and now she hates you forever. Why doesn’t Glinda grab Dorothy the minute she gets there with the bubble and say, “Run away! Do the yellow brick road see the Wizard thing and we will handle the inevitable fallout that has resulted from this twister business!” and then just blame the Munchkins because (as she says) the Wicked Witch has no power in Munchkinland. Why doesn’t she do that?

And then the other thing, right? There’s these shoes that the Wicked Witch really extra super wants, and Glinda gives them straight to Dorothy right in front of the Wicked Witch so there won’t be any confusion about what happened to them? And then the Wicked Witch leaves in a big puff of smoke and Glinda says to Dorothy, I’m afraid you’ve made rather a bad enemy of the Wicked Witch.

If that had been me, I’d've been like, Look, BITCH. I’d've been like, I made a bad enemy of the Wicked Witch, I made a bad enemy? It wasn’t the one of us who has ever been here before and has any notion about the Wicked Witch whatsoever? It wasn’t the one who STOLE HER SISTER’S SHOES and put them on MY feet without, can I just say, even ASKING me about it? I’d've probably teamed up with the Wicked Witch and destroyed all of Oz with a mighty red smoky terror, just to get back at Glinda for being such a twittery twit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. And while we’re at it, how come the good witches AND the bad witches, all of whom clearly have SERIOUS magic, are completely fooled by the Man Behind the Curtain, who can’t even fool Toto? I mean, even when I was little, I figured out right away that the Wiz was the fake fortuneteller from Kansas. Maybe real magic is a hallucinogen. It clearly has an impact on people’s voices.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! And if Glinda’s so good why doesn’t she just go see the Wizard herself and save Dorothy the terror?

Stupid movie. So many plot holes. Can I have it for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Tell her no. She CAN’T have it for Christmas.

HA. *sticks out tongue*

Anonymous said...

LOL. i applaud. i would have to say that if i were dorthy, i would be thinking the same as you. Although, since i am male, it might not be exactly the same. o well. none of that now. have funs in england!

Anonymous said...

I agree, why does the stupid thing have so many plot holes? Maybe Glinda felt that in her ENORMOUS fluffy dress, she was incapable of doing anything productive. I mean, God, if you can’t even choose practical clothing, what can you do?