Friday, March 2, 2007

The day in review

Things that have made me happy today

1. My professor says “agin” for “against”. Heeheeheehee.

2. The 3rd Marquess of Queensberry, who was also (in case you’re interested) a relation of Lord Alfred Douglas, wretched Bosie who did the sex with Oscar Wilde, was violently insane, and — hee, hee, hee, hee — one time (I really shouldn’t be laughing) he killed a young scullion and roasted him on a spit and ATE HIM. Partly. Until someone found him and made him stop. Yes, this is on the list of things that made me happy today.

3. Cheese. I love cheese. Today I am having a delicious calzone. Calzones are terribly delicious and they are extremely full of cheese and I will eat one! Full of cheese! YUM!

4. Prussia! I totally forgot Prussia existed! But, hey, everyone, remember Prussia? Prussia! It’s like Russia, but with a P! And I think there was one poor heir apparent who like watched his best friend get killed on his father’s orders. Again, yes, this is on the list of things that made me happy today. PRUSSIA! (I feel like a Sesame Street episode.)

5. Queen Victoria liked Negro spirituals, and every year this one black choir from a college in Nashville would come over to England and sing for her.

6. Jane Austen. I like her. She’s funny.

7. PRUSSIA! Remember Prussia? Lovely Prussia!

8. my optimistic certainty, and I’m sorry to bring this up again because I’m tempting the Fates, that Lupin isn’t going to die.

Things that didn’t make me happy today

1. The essay I still have to write by Wednesday.

2. Being an American. I felt really bad about this today because in class today (the same class where the professor says “agin” and tells us about Queen Victoria liking spirituals!) the professor was talking about the American Revolution and how it was a humongous body blow to the country of Britain. And they were crushed and disheartened and they began to doubt themselves. And oh, I just felt so sad and sorry. I hung my head in shame because I felt that I was responsible for crushing the souls of a nation. But, y’know, they were doing taxation without representation. I also felt silly because I couldn’t remember when the American Revolution ended, and I only remembered two facts about the War of 1812 (the stealing people from American ships and the Andrew Jackson leading the Battle of New Orleans victory thing after the war was actually over).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww jenny, remember how we used to ate calzones at Rotolo’s on wednesdays because they were cheaper and so yummy? i miss those days…

Anonymous said...

Look what I found! http://www.cafepress.com/iheartshirt.32158889