Monday, April 16, 2007

Stephen Colbert

I love Stephen Colbert. He is a funny, funny man; and if I'd thought of it, I'd have thrown him in the teeth of the silly British person who was trying to tell me that Americans didn't know about irony. (He offered as an example, I must add, a song by Alanis Morisette, who is Canadian.) He is so cool that he has had both a Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor (Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream) and a leatherback turtle who is in a great turtle race (Stephanie Colbertle the Turtle) named after him.

AND FURTHERMORE, he stole a microwave from the Fox News studio when he went on Bill O'Reilly's show.

AND he is Catholic! He gave up sweets for Lent and thus could not sample his ice cream until after Easter because he is Catholic! In my opinion there are not nearly enough cool Catholics out there representing the faith! I am Catholic and he is too! Yayyyyy for Catholicism! When I am famous I will go on the Colbert Report and Stephen Colbert and I will have a good old talk about how swell it is to be a Catholic!

(The "Every Sperm is Sacred" song is playing in my head as I type this.)

No comments: