Saturday, January 31, 2009

May need to reevaluate my life

I turned on the TV just now, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was on, sort of towards the end of it. And I guess I am emotional for some reason because every damn thing that happened made me cry. Mr. Tumnus came back to life and I was all MY GOD IT WAS SO SAD WHEN HE WAS STONE. The centaur guy, who I didn't remember from when I saw this film before, but apparently he was an important character because everyone looked really upset when he died, died, and I was all OH GOD HE WAS A FIERCE WARRIOR AND FELL BRAVELY. The Pevensies were all upset because the White Witch had stabbed Edward, and I was all NO NO NO WHAT WILL THEY ALL DO WITHOUT THEIR SULKY BETRAYING BROTHER? Lucy went around curing people with her bottle of cordial, and I was all JESUS CHRIST REMEMBER HOW IN THE BOOK ASLAN WOULDN'T LET HER SIT WITH EDWARD. WHAT A JERK HE WAS.

Then The Count of Monte Cristo came on, and I threw all my Kleenex at Guy Pierce (Guy Pearce?) in a rage, until I ran out of Kleenex; and then I cleaned them all up and went to bed. This is possibly the most tragic thing I have ever done, ever. Should've gone on the Abita pub crawl. (But I don't like beer though.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think he was a jerk. I mean, what about the people who might die while she was sitting?

Jenny said...

Uh-huh, right, and the lion who can bring stone people back to life is incapable of curing a few little lame wounds? Please. How old is Lucy supposed to be? And she wants to sit with her big brother, and Aslan's like, Um, no, kid, please go and take care of some shit that I'm too lazy to bother with?

WHATEVER.

(I hope Aslan will not get mad at me about this and refuse to blow my bad dreams away. I don't like bad dreams.)

Anonymous said...

On another topic, could there be high emotion in the air? Because I just saw pictures of my grandpa (who, you will recall, died when I was four) and I started crying. Weird.

Anyway, it was good for Lucy's character; altruism is not a naturally occurring phenomenon.

Jenny said...

I usually get sad in March. This may be early-onset March sadness.

(See what I did there? Just for you?)