Sunday, January 18, 2009

Did you know this was possible?

I was cross-stitching, right? With a cross-stitching needle? And the cross-stitching thread? And what happened? What happened? I WILL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED. My needle SNAPPED. Snapped in TWO.

I didn't make that up. Did you know that a cross-stitching needle could just randomly snap in two? I thought I felt something snap, and then I was all, Oh, Jenny, don't be silly, your needle did not snap, you ridiculous girl, that's impossible, and then a second later, I was holding half a needle.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that the things that amaze you seldom amaze me.

Hope you are fully recovered from the shock.

Jenny said...

Well, it was your needle, woman. You obviously work with inferior needles. This has never happened to me. Your needles are shoddy and deserve to be destroyed.

Anonymous said...

What's really alarming is the snapping of the needle of your sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you'd be amazed at the rate at which I go through needles. Mine are snapping all the time!

Anonymous said...

Anna, once again, I cannot get amazed by that. No matter how many times your needle snapped, I would still be thinking, "Hm. That figures. Probably the hoop will be next to go."

Anonymous said...

Well, I have NEVER had a needle snap. That would scare the crap out of me, especially if it were on my sewing machine. So I am totally in the Jenny boat of needle-shock.

Vey said...

I've only had the eye of a needle break, when I'm trying to pull it through a very small hole or something. Then I turn it into a straight pin and feel very frontiers-woman-overcoming-adversity-esque.