Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Betrayed

So I'm sitting here, editing some stuff for work, watching Doctor Who, and taking an occasional break to watch a Tale of Mere Existence, the existence of which I have only just recently remembered, because I was thinking about the approximately twenty-second space of time at age thirteen during which I questioned my sexuality, and it reminded me of that video about a pickle, and I tracked it down. And anyway, I've been doing that, and eating pistachios, and I was reading the thing I'm editing, and I pulled a pistachio out of the bag and popped open the shell and bit down on what was inside the shell and IT WAS ANOTHER SHELL.

ANOTHER SHELL.

It was an unpleasant surprise, and I spat it out really fast, and it got on my coat.

See, what had happened was that a small full shell had fallen into a large open empty one. And upon reflection, it's not really fair for me to feel betrayed by this, because I am always so pleased to find pistachios in the bag that have fallen out of their shells. And this is the flip side of that.

No comments: