Monday, September 15, 2008

Hey, Anna, aren't you sorry you said anything?

This is the last thing I will say, and then I am going to bed.

I still hate Wallace Stevens.

I'm not just saying it because I have a category and I don't want to waste it. I'm saying it because sometimes when I look at all my category labels, I see the I Hate Wallace Stevens one, and it reminds me of the deep loathing I continue to have for Wallace Stevens. I'm glad Ernest Hemingway kicked shit out of him and sent him to the hospital. I hate Ernest Hemingway too.

But I love Sean Bean. Sean Bean! How fond of him I am! I wish he were in more things! I started watching Fellowship of the Ring again just because I felt so awfully, awfully fond of Sean Bean. I forgot how sexy Viggo Mortensen is when he's being Aragorn. I like him because the guy who taught him sword-fighting for this movie is the same guy who's been teaching sword-fighting to every movie sword-fighter ever, all the way back to Errol Flynn, and that guy says that Viggo Mortensen is the best student of sword-fighting he's ever had. You know what that means? It means that Viggo Mortensen can kick everybody else's ass who has ever had a sword-fight in any movie you've ever seen, ever. Including Inigo Montoya.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

(Why don't people say that more? I am going to start saying it frequently in an effort to encourage the rest of the world to follow my sterling example.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not at all! thank you, my cup runneth over! You have cheered me immensely right before my Tragically Doomed to Fail practice civil procedure exam!