Monday, April 14, 2008

SWEET

I scored a free paperback of Street of the Five Moons. Which is handy considering The Laughter of Dead Kings is (as previously mentioned) being released later this year. Now there will be much rereading of also Silhouette in Scarlet and Trojan Gold (in which John hums the "Damn the girl!" song) and Night Train to Memphis. Woohoo!

P.S. I was going to say nothing about this, but I feel too guilty lying by omission. Basically the truth is that I swiped it from a shelf in the library that I thought had free books but it turns out you're meant to read them and give them back. So not so much with the free books to keep forever as I had initially supposed. However, I do not wish to give it back because I wish to keep it and write my name inside it and cover it with contact paper. So I know I said it was free, but the truth is that I'm paying for it IN GUILT. I have compromised with my conscience by agreeing to replace it with some other book of my own that I do not want. I'm sure there must be some book at my house that belongs to me that I do not want.

No comments: