Friday, May 4, 2007

The Globe! Is back! I LOVE THE GLOBE SO MUCH.

Yes. I adore the Globe Theatre. If I could see a play there every week that would suit me just fine. Indeed when I was in London previously I went to see The Tempest twice, on each occasion missing out on an exciting adventure with my group. (The first time it was St. Paul's, and I really regret not seeing St. Paul's, and the second time it was the War Cabinets which sound boring but were apparently really interesting. The second time was also 21 July, when the second round of bombs went off in the underground but didn't actually work; anyway I came blithely home after the play and discovered that the people in my group, and also my mother in far-away America, were freaking the shit out because my whereabouts had been unknown. But I really enjoyed The Tempest.)

This year, they are doing a play called In Extremis which I actually really want to see, about Abelard and Heloise, and they are doing Love's Labour's Lost, which is not starting until July so I can't see it, and they are doing The Merchant of Venice (hooray!), and they are doing Othello, which I love in spite of the miserable hours I spent in my tenth-grade English class reading it out loud with my classmates.

(Sarah my flatmate does not like it. When I mentioned it to her she said, Oh for God's SAKE! If you think your wife's cheating on you ASK her about it, don't just KILL her! And of course I agree.)

The Globe Theatre didn't just start their season or anything (well, actually, they did - starts today - but that was pure coincidence). I simply remembered it very suddenly yesterday when I was trying to remember what other exciting things there were to do in London, as I was making a Helpful List for my friend who is coming to visit me, so she would be prepared for the delights in store for her. And you just can't even imagine how thrilled I was when I remembered that the Globe Theatre was opening back up with the plays inside because it is the summertime and in the summertime the Globe Theatre opens back up with plays inside.

YAY. YAY YAY YAY. If you would like to come and visit me, I will gladly take you to the Globe Theatre and I will even shell out the £5 for your ticket because THAT IS HOW MUCH IT COSTS. Only £5! For a properly good live play! Though your feet do get a bit tired. But so did - I don't know, so did other people's. Quit whining.

No comments: