Saturday, December 9, 2006

Oh my GOD I am such a slacker!

You know what happened? No, don’t bother guessing, I’ll just tell you. I finished watching all the episodes of Heroes that have aired so far, because Bad Jane Patton got me addicted to it. And then I was like, Woohoo, I’ve watched all the episodes of Heroes that have aired so far; now it need no longer distract me from my important work on my important essays for my courses. How industrious I will be now that there are no new episodes of Heroes to distract me until late January.

But then I was like, Hm. Kate Cronin (hereafter to be referred to as Bad Kate Cronin) raved to me about a show called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I’m going to take five minutes away from working on my important essays to look this show up on Wikipedia. (The moral of this story, by the way, is that procrastination just feeds upon itself and leads to more and more and more procrastination.) So I did, and I thought it looked interesting, and the hologram chick from Serenity (a much less cheerful character than that description might imply) was in it, so I thought I’d just watch one episode, just one little episode.

And THANKS A LOT, Bad Kate Cronin, because now I am totally addicted to it too, and every time I think I should be working on my essays my brain points out that it would suck a lot less to watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and then I just can’t resist. Plus do you know how many episodes of this show there are to catch up on? Because I don’t! It could be INFINITE like Friends! I just don’t know! The siren call of its entertainingness could just keep going on forever!

Bad Kate Cronin and Bad Jane Patton, stop introducing me to television shows. I am way susceptible and it’s not fair. And I have work to do.

Now let me return to the heightening sexual tension between that chick and that guy, and the only hinted at but certainly not far from the surface sexual tension between that other chick and that other guy. Don’t do drugs, other guy! It’s such a mistake! She’s not going to have your babies if you do drugs! All right. Just so we’re clear on that point. And snorting coke at Studio 54 is the same thing Roy Cohn did (according to Tony Kushner, whom I trust implicitly), and I know that Studio 54 and Studio 60 are not the same thing, but there are only five numbers in between them, and you don’t want to be five numbers away from being Roy Cohn, do you? Yeah. Didn’t think so.

No comments: