Tuesday, December 12, 2006

If Steve and I had stayed home we’d both be dead now.

Because here’s how our dinner-planning conversations at home go.

Steve (or Jenny): I’m hungry.
Jenny (or Steve): Me too.
Steve: Are you still cheap?
Jenny: Yup. You?
Steve: Yup.
Jenny: Awright, Taco Hell it is!

And now Taco Hell is spreading e. coli through their green onions, which I don’t think occur in my cheesy bean and rice burrito or my steak quesadilla (wow, that makes me hungry to imagine), so I guess really I wouldn’t be dead, but I bet there are green onions in some of the stuff Steve gets. So even though I am craving Mexican food like a madwoman and would be totally content with even the fake fast food version of the fake American version, it’s probably best I’m here and not there, because I don’t want to die a death that could have been prevented by lower intake of green onions. That would just be silly.

I want Ninfa’s. Beans. I want Ninfa’s beans. And a burrito. Or a quesadilla and some salsa. I am making my stomach rumble with distress and dismay; I can actually make out the words “Take me home!” in its rumbly rumbling. I can. Seriously.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to commend you and Steve for your high-quality food cravings. Because you know what I craved when I was overseas? That’s right: Egg McMuffins. And I don’t even LIKE them.

By the way, the spicy chicken burrito that I had yesterday sure was yummy. Mmmmm. I think I’ll have another one today. And maybe I’ll go to OTB and get some of that deliciously cilantro-laced salsa.

Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Why won’t they put Mumsy’s comment in?

Anonymous said...

I wonder to exactly what ‘they’ your father was referring? When I think on this, the words that inevitably come to mind are: “galactic police.” And naturally, that just brings me immediately to the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers, and come on, that’s just funny.

Anonymous said...

Actually, that was me, masquerading as Dad. And they wouldn’t post my comment! Like, for eight hours! So I was feeling concerned that maybe the Powers That Be had decided that EggMcMuffins could not be mentioned online. Because Macdonald’s is very litigious, you know. We are all pawns in the grip of corporate monsters.

Anonymous said...

No, it’s actually because I have to moderate my comments, so it’s just a question of when I get to my website and see that I have comments. Because then I can delete them if they are spam.

Anonymous said...

*isn’t spam*

Anonymous said...

Why do my comments always appear instantly, without apparent moderation?

Anonymous said...

No idea.

Anonymous said...

Because tim’s AMAZING!