Friday, December 8, 2006

My dad’s better than your dad

So wait. Here’s how totally good my father is. (You’re going to be so envious.)

He was teaching this graduate course, right? It was like program and practice evaluation (yeah, I totally don’t know what that means), and my father was the teacher of it. That’s my father because he is a Mighty Teacher of Graduate Courses in Social Work. And he taught the course with such incredible skill and talent, that not only did people come up to him afterwards and tell him it was the best and most useful course they’d taken that semester, but also in the final class everyone applauded for his excellent teaching abilities.

Which is very unusual indeed, especially (I expect) in a course called Programs and Practice Evaluation. And they did that before he told them they weren’t going to have a final exam. I wish I’d been there–it sounds like the most Dead Poets’ Society thing ever. They probably all saluted him as he walked out because of his excessive awesomeness.

You might think your father’s cool, but, as I believe I have amply demonstrated, my father is cooler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Your father is indeed a truly wonderful man. With his amazing wonderfulness. I am envious.

I love your father (and the rest of your family) with my whole whole heart. I do. And you can tell them that, too.
…Oh wait. Too late. :)

Anonymous said...

it comes from his being related to my dad, or so I hear.

Really, ask him, he told me that once (that my dad was also wonderful.)

Now I didn't actually believe your dad when he told me my dad was wonderful, but since your dad IS wonderful, I had to take this as a possibility, given the aforesaid wonderfulness of your dad -- how could he be wrong about my dad?

As it turns out, he was right, but when your dad first told me that I was still skeptical.

Being right is something it appears your dad gets from your mom -- based on your previous and most amusing post about the unerrering accuracy of your mothers intuition.