Friday, January 2, 2009

Recovering from Christmas

Mm, it’s difficult. Christmas is good because I can spend money wantonly and not feel fussed about it. Christmas presents don’t count as part of my budget, see, because – well, no reason really, I just decided that I didn’t want Christmas presents to count as part of my normal budget. I had lots of fun Christmas shopping this year. Lots and lots of fun. Now I have to stop buying things. So depressing. No more presents. Maybe I will buy myself a few records, to make myself feel better.

Another point to consider: I saw a lot of my sisters this holiday. Now I will see them less. The ones that live out of town are back out of town again (sniffle), and the one that lives in town is all with the working and then going back to school. It is back to real life. I like Christmas better. Nobody has top secret gifts for anybody anymore. Anyone can look in anyone’s closet now without its being one bit a catastrophe. That is sad. We got rid of our tree. The Christmas decorations at work are all gone. No more presents to be unwrapped. Christmas is over until next year, which is a long long long way away.

Sigh.

No comments: