Friday, November 28, 2008

Sure, this marriage is going to last

No, well, maybe it will. I'm just being mean because this makes me throw up.

Not all men were so disenchanted, though [with the film of Twilight]. At a midnight screening in Texarkana, Texas, last Thursday, a gentleman dropped to his knee with a ring as the credits rolled. To the delight of the screaming crowd, he asked his girlfriend if theirs might be as enduring and unconditional a love as the one shared by Edward and Bella.


I didn't make that up. I couldn't ever have made that up because it's way too awful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit amazed that there's a place called Texarkana.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. According to Wikipedia, it straddles the border between Texas and Arkansas.

Jenny said...

THAT is what alarms you about this story? THAT is what it is?

Anonymous said...

You know me better than to seriously consider that THAT was the only thing that alarmed me. I was just pointing out something alarming that you did not.

Jenny said...

Well, I already knew about Texarkana, so I was unphased.

Anonymous said...

Wait...did they agree to give their firstborn girl to the wolves, too?

(tim, everybody knows about Texarkana. It's in a song.)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Texarkana, actually, so I'm glad tim pointed it out, so I noticed it. What song?

Jenny said...

Speaking of songs about cities--

I spent last night in the arms of a girl from Louisiana
And though I'm out on the highway my thoughts are still with her
Such a strange combination of a woman and a child
Such a strange situation stopping every hundred miles
Calling Baton Roouuuuuuge

Hurrah for Baton Rouge! Texarkana is FAR LESS COOL.