Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lots of sniffles in my future

Every time someone mentions Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights movement in conjunction with Barack Obama's election, I tear up. Also when they mention Abraham Lincoln and slavery in conjunction with Barack Obama's election.

But hooray, hooray, hooray, hooray! I am so happy! Yay for America! Wonderful America! (Damn, don't know when the last time I said that was.) I themily wore purple today to celebrate.

Edit to add: I'm looking forward to watching the news today! I haven't looked forward to watching the news since, you know, ever. Hurrah!

Edit again to add: Well, except that time Cheney shot that guy in the face. But that wasn't the same as this.

Edit yet again to add: Farewell, Decider. We have not had a good eight years, and I disliked you before it was cool. I have journal entries from very early on in this millennium, to prove it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! i know, i've been teary too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't call you back. Thanks for the invite! I was working in a study group and barely had time to race home and turn on the TV to catch the office. I will probably have to wait till exams are over to be sociable again.

-vey