Monday, August 25, 2008

You know what totally fascinates me?

When I have Band-Aids on my fingers and I wash my hands and then there’s water under the Band-Aid and I press down on it and water squeezes out through the pores in the Band-Aid. There’s no reason this should fascinate me but it really, really, really does.

Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, I learned today that in 2005/2006, there were 608 black male students in Wyoming high schools. Six hundred and eight. Total. That’s all there were. In Louisiana that same year, there were a hundred and forty seven thousand. We have 242 times as many black male students as Wyoming has. Think about that.

Oh, oh, and you know what else, too? Apparently my university is considering establishing a farmers’ market on campus. I am all about that. I would go to the farmers’ market! I would be on it like white on fresh homegrown organic rice. I would fling myself at a farmers’ market and marry it and have its babies. I could cook with real vegetables then! And I would be motivated to buy vegetables, too, because it is virtuous to shop at farmers’ markets and there would be fruit and fresh vegetables right there, and I could like buy strawberries on the way to class. Strawberries! And raspberries, and oh, if God loves me, maybe also those delicious teacakes I used to get at the downtown farmer’s market that were so incredibly delicious.

No comments: