Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reasons that I am happy right now

1) Voting still! I love to vote! And plus I totally feel like I accomplished something! My vote mattered for once! Hurrah!

2) I have way more Bongs & Noodle credit than I thought I have. Which means that I can do something I previously did not want to do because I was wanting to save my credit for books: I can buy the Vampire Weekend CD that has "Oxford Comma" on it and see how the rest of the songs are. (I never buy CDs. This is weird for me.) And I can buy the new DVD of Les Miserables when they release it later this month. I love Philip Quast. I saw him in Evita (yay!) Every time I think about this and tell myself that I would rather spend it on books (which is sort of true but harder to do because I have to give book-buying a lot of thought), I remind myself that there is a massive book fair coming up in March.

3) There is a massive book fair coming up in March! I prepared for it yesterday by purchasing two (2) biographies of Alexander Woollcott. Why did I do this? I really don't know. Do I need a biography of Alexander Woollcott? Do I need two? Can't imagine why.

4) The writers' strike is supposedly tentatively nearing an end! The Office is coming back! (I heard this news about the writers' strike a while ago, but I only remembered The Office this morning. I adore The Office.)

5) While searching for my voting card, I found a Smoothie King punch card with all the numbers stamped except for one, which means when I buy one more Smoothie, I will have a free Smoothie coming my way.

6) The other day I went to my house and hunted for Northanger Abbey (seriously, where the hell is my copy of Northanger Abbey?), and in the process I found a whole bunch of books I would like to read again (or for the first time), and they are now all making a clutter in my apartment. One of them is The Camelot Caper (my introduction to Elizabeth Peters, dear darling Elizabeth Peters who has read all the same trashy adventure/romance novels that I have), on which I am fondly hoping I will be able to write my term paper for one of my classes.

7) I found seven dollars, seven dollars, in a grocery bag in my room. Seven extra dollars! All mine! SEVEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a SONG called 'Oxford Comma'?

Oh. I looked up the lyrics. It's not really so much about grammar, is it. Still, nifty.

I never thought of Alexander Woollcott being someone other people would biograph. He's always the one offering commentary. How are the biographies?