Saturday, February 2, 2008

An error in casting

*sigh*

Why do I always have to talk about how people got miscast? Like Eric Bana. Oh Eric Bana is not good enough to be Henry. He is not intense enough and he won't do. Cast Billy Crudup or cast Adrian Brody. Don't cast Eric Bana. He won't be good and I say no to him. The Time-Traveler's Wife is one of my favorite books of all time, and I don't want the film spoiling it.

And once again. Jude Law was a very bad choice for the part of Danny in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Jude Law was okayish but he wasn't that good, and one thing he certainly was not is a walking streak of sex. He did fine being On The Edge, but not a walking streak of sex, which is what he was supposed to be. Said John Berendt.

On the other hand, you know who is a walking streak of sex but was probably still wearing braces and trying to conceal embarrassing puberty-related problems during his classes when the film of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was made? Kevin Zegers. So too bad they didn't wait a few years to make that movie, because Kevin Zegers was born to play that part. In fact it might behoove someone to consider remaking that film right now so that they could give that part to Kevin Zegers who was clearly born to play it.

I just want to reiterate that it pains me to talk about this. It doesn't please me to have to say these things. I gain no pleasure from having to talk trash about the real life movie casters. I would much, much rather that they would make good casting decisions and spare me the necessity of making these posts, so that I could devote my entire attention to watching The Gilmore Girls.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

My God, Jen, you really are a casting genius. Kevin Whoever is more Danny than Danny (because Danny, obviously, is dead). But you need to keep your character names straight.

Jenny said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.