Friday, July 6, 2007

Jenny dreamed of trains, and when she awakened hotness triumphed, and damn it, Billy Crudup should just be Henry.

My sister said recently that she'd been writing down her dreams for a while and had noticed some recurring themes; and then I got really jealous because I had never noticed any recurring themes in my dreams, which obviously proved that my dreams were not as good as my sister's dreams, and then I would LOSE the DREAM CONTEST.

Which we weren't having one of.

But then we decided that for a month we'd each write down all the dreams we remembered having, and then at the end of a month we would trade and make fun of each other's uncreative subconscious. So I guess now we are sort of a little bit having a dream contest. Kinda.

And it turns out that I do not have several recurring themes, but I do have one, and it is trains, and this pleases me for three reasons.

1. Bonnie does NOT win the dream contest. Ha, ha, HA. I have recurring themes TOO. SO.
2. There's a song called this! Jenny dreamed of trains! I actually don't know what kind of a song this is, but it's on my computer, all prophetic, like it knew all along I had recurring dreams of trains. And I don't remember where I got it, but I guess I just got it because my name was in it (I love songs with my name in), and anyway it is so right. I do indeed dream of trains.
3. I love trains. So much. So very much. If I could have a house on a train with wireless access and electricity and everything, I'd do it in a second. I actually spent most of my trip home from England trying to think of a way that would be viable.

Furthermore, I know I've said that Billy Crudup should be Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife, and I absolutely hold to that, but additionally I just watched Charlotte Gray which is a movie that contains Cate Blanchett and Billy Crudup, and damn, he is an attractive man.

I read the book of that film (I mean, the book of which the film, er, is) when I was in Norwich, and in the book, you know, Charlotte ends up with the guy she was in love with all along - well, at the end they are walking together and sort of holding hands, and no one gives Julien a second thought because he's off in France and they're together in England. But in the movie, you see, in the movie she sees the guy she was in love with all along, and he's like, "Hi, I'm shallower than you might have remembered", and she's like, "Um, we can't be together" and goes off to France to marry Billy Crudup instead. Because hotness always wins in Hollywood. The happy ending might be lost, and the wee children and the old father might get dragged off to the concentration camp and the father might die thinking that Billy Crudup sold him down the river for no reason (which was actually not the case), but Hollywood pulled through for us with the marrying-the-hot-people-to-each-other thing.

And Billy Crudup should just be Henry. My mother previously disagreed with me but now she has observed him in action and spotted that he is good at being intense and charming both at once, so she now realizes that I am right.

Also, if I were in charge of casting movies and I got lazy, I would just tell my minions that they could go ahead and cast Billy Crudup as all the male leads that don't suck because I think Billy Crudup is capable of playing virtually any part in the world. Like Howl, now that stupid Jonathan Rhys-Meyers got rid of his cheekbones. And the odious Marquis from Sorcery and Cecelia. And, you know, everything. Ever.

*goes to sleep because her work is done*

No comments: