Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dawn Treader

Whenever I go exercising, the water in the pool is obviously all chloriney and doesn't taste very nice if I get some in my mouth. So when I go take my shower, and the water is not all chloriney, I'm always surprised by how sweet it tastes. And every time this happens and the water's very sweet, I think of, Doubt not, Reepicheep, there is the utter east, and in my mind I pretend I am a little gallant mouse paddling a wee little coracle boat over the edge of the world.

You know, to see the Lord.

I <3 Reepicheep.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah, me too. In fact, if I died and started following the bright light, I think I'd stop for a minute and close my astral eyes and hope that when I opened them, I'd be in a little coracle paddling toward Utter East.

Anonymous said...

During my showers at your house, I used to get some in my mouth and be surprised that it was wonderful Baton Rouge water and not Maryland/California/New Jersey water. Lucky lucky you with your very sweet water.

Jenny said...

I am lucky. Lovely Baton Rouge. Lovely water. Before I ever move away from here I'll have to find some way to reconcile myself to the loss of good water, Mary Lee donuts, and Cajun cooking. And Mexican food if I'm going Northish.

Anonymous said...

Come to California! Then at least there'll be Mexican food. I had a very tasty burrito at this random place next to a barber shop the other day, and it came with chips and two kinds of wonderful spicy cilantro-y salsa.

(Really. You should come out here and we'll get an apartment in San Francisco together.)

Jenny said...

YES. That would be fun. I would wash dishes after you cooked for me. But first I have to get my degree. So just hang on for a little bit. Then it'll be all about getting apartments. WOOOOOOO.