Friday, May 23, 2008

This is the noise of a girl whose life has been made happier

It is a high-pitched squealy noise and results from the following:

1) My aunt and uncle offered me their couch and chairs for my new! beautiful and wondrous! closet-spacey! apartment!

2) Tara finally showed up on Buffy! Tara! Yay! (I have to have a relationship that pleases me, and I dislike Riley very much, and he does not win me over at all by how much he likes to drive. And although I love Anya more than my luggage, her relationship with Xander is more good for a giggle than to be invested in. Whereas Tara is sweet and earnest.)

3) Free salad with chicken from my sister who works at a food place. What a good, good, good, good thing. I eat healthy and delicious dinners.

4) Ben Barnes. He's cute. We're going to see Prince Caspian tonight, which as far as I'm concerned doesn't have to be that great (not one of the better books; in fact my least favorite after The Last Battle, which hey, C.S. Lewis, what happened to you with that one, man?), as long as Ben Barnes is in it, and he is. I have a crush.

5) Cute new clothes. My aunt gave them to me last night. Yay. I especially like my sexy new top.

6) This. I discovered it today when I was looking up math professors at my university. His daughter did it. (I also discovered to my joy that we have a professor called Yuri Antipov. He married her! Soooomewheeeeeeeeeeere my looooooove, there will be songs to siiiiiing!)

7) YES. IT IS TRUE. Using only my genius and um, the internet, I have acquired for myself A FIREFLY RINGTONE. Dum dum duddle dum, Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand, dum duddle dum, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. The only thing is it's a teeny bit quiet, not very carrying, but so what, don't care, it's Firefly, I don't think I could be any happier if it were Wonderfalls. I keep calling myself from the land line, just to hear my new, amazing ringtone. It's joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have a set of four dishes (four large and four small plates , four bowls, four teacups) that are really pretty and brand new if you want them. i got them as a wedding present and then they were discontinued, so i never got the rest of them.. and now we have something else. if you want them, email me!!