Friday, May 30, 2008

Ruslana was elected to Parliament

Yes. She was.

For those of you tragically not in the know, Ruslana won Eurovision a few years ago. You know, Eurovision? The thing that America DOES NOT GET TO PARTICIPATE IN? It's so sad. Everyone in Europe gets Eurovision on their TVs, and they get to see the magnificent outfits that everybody wears, and something like forty-five countries participate, and they all sing songs and wear crazy clothes, and America COMPLETELY MISSES OUT.

I'm pretty bitter about this. I have to watch Eurovision in tiny little YouTube format, and the beauty of the clothing is just not conveyed in the same way on YouTube, even when I put it on fullscreen. I want to live in Europe during Eurovision. Every year. Or be like the American correspondent to Eurovision. I would be the best correspondent ever.

Anyway, Ruslana is the singer of my cousin Becca's favorite song ever, I Dance With the Wolves (Woolfs). If you haven't seen this music video yet, please watch it. I watched it again today and it made me greatly happy. So I looked her up on Wikipedia, as I do, and it turns out that she was elected to the Ukrainian Parliament in 2006, but then she resigned her position in early 2007.

I don't know what this says about the Ukraine. Just wanted to put that information out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what do we think? Did she serve on the National Committee for the Promotion of Russian Popular Musik, or did she chair the Environmental Concerns Committee (Preservation of Endangered Creatures Such as Ferocious Yet Strangely Comforting (especially when your heart ees breakeeng)Woolfs Subcommittee)?

Enquiring minds want to know.