Sunday, August 12, 2007

I hate Wallace Stevens

This is well-documented and there's nothing more to say about it. I just remembered that I had a category about this, and it reminded me of exactly how much I hate Wallace Stevens. Particularly because the class that forced me to write a paper, a whole paper on Wallace Stevens, the class that played to my weaknesses (analyzing poetry intelligently and comprehending senseless literary theory), the class that I was like sweating blood for all year, that class, I have been given credit for it at my university as a 2000-level class. I had to write three 3000-word papers for that class, not to mention read masses and masses of Wallace Stevens' poems and masses and masses of his nonsense literary theory that doesn't make any sense and he explains it very poorly, and they're going to give me credit for a 2000-level class? No, my friends, no. I will chain myself to the door outside the admissions office until they sort this out because there will be no circumstances under which I will accept this nonsense transference of credit because it is NONSENSE. Don't they understand? I had to read WALLACE STEVENS.

No comments: