Saturday, April 11, 2009

Doctor Who

When my sisters and I were small, and somebody we liked was about to leave, we used to attach ourselves to them to prevent it. Robyn and I would each sit on one foot and cling like monkeys, and Anna would launch herself from the side of the sofa to the adult's back, from which lofty position she would do her best to stop them from prying off Robyn and me. I recognized that, adults being larger and stronger than we were, we would probably not be able to stop them leaving by main force (a point, incidentally, that I think Anna failed to grasp). I did have this notion, though, that they just hadn't realized how much we wanted them to stay, and if we could show them, by our actions, the power of our love, the sincerity of our need for them to stay and not go, their hearts would be moved by our simple childish affection, and then they would stay longer.

I really, really wish that David Tennant wouldn't leave Doctor Who. But I am far too old to sit on his feet.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Whatever. If David Tennant were near enough to me, I'd totally sit on his feet in order to prevent him from leaving Dr. Who. You know why? Because David Tennant is really nice and wouldn't have the heart to kick me off.

SHE said...

However, if you did, you might possibly be big enough to keep him from leaving.

anna said...

....but then you could get sued for false imprisonment.

Jenny said...

...wish he would stay...

Robyn said...

I want to cuddle David Tennant. I will force him with the sheer power of my affection.