Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clever and smug, but a bit of a loser

So I was sitting at home today cross-stitching when I suddenly realized that all the Actives on Joss Whedon's show Dollhouse have names that go with letters from the radio alphabet thing. You know, Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot - well, there you go, Alpha and Echo, we've already got Actives called Alpha and Echo, and the other Active whose name we know right now is called Sierra. And I went investigating on the internet, to see if we knew any other names of Actives, and there was supposed to be a character called November (check), and evidently there's another one called Victor. This isn't a big deal, but, just, AHA! That was a rather clever thing for me to think of between spoonfuls of Counter Culture yogurt.

You know what this means, right? The wider significance of this epiphany? This drastically shortens the odds of one of the characters being called Oscar!

NOT ENOUGH OSCARS IN THIS WORLD. HURRAH FOR OSCAR WILDE!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously? It took you that long? Seriously? I realized this as soon as I saw the preview.

Anonymous said...

Man, I need to learn that alphabet. I once had to spell my name for a guy when I was making a hotel reservation, and I started off, 'A as in...um...um...er...something that begins with the letter A,' and he suggested, 'Apple?' and...you can guess how successful that conversation was.

Also, isn't that (redheaded?) guy's name Charlie, the one who plugs her in?

Jenny said...

It's Topher actually.

I think I have it memorized. Let's see. Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliet Kilo Lima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu. So yes, I have it memorized, but I had to leave U alone and come back to it because I couldn't remember it for ages.

Anonymous said...

Damn. But I did think there was a Charlie in there....

U is Unbeknownst!

Anonymous said...

I don't actually know the whole thing, only selective letters. So, shame for not getting it when I, far more ignorant, did!