Sunday, December 9, 2007

No, actually procrastinating is helpful

Helpful. And now I have proof. Procrastination has saved me from complete absurdity.

Today I was supposed to be writing my paper on The Charioteer, which since you inquire is into its sixth page now and if I could just convince myself that writing it quickly would be better, just like pulling off a Band-Aid really fast is better, then it would be done probably in as short a time as it will take to write this blog post. Anyway, I was avoiding reading that, and to cheer myself up (from the dreadful depression attendant upon writing a paper that you know is easy to write but just can't get motivated to do) I decided to read my blog post about riding a camel. Because that was so much fun. Riding the camel. I am filled with total glee each time I recall it.

Anyway, towards the end of that post, I mentioned that I had bought a present for my sister Bonnie at the RenFest, which I totally did not remember doing. I sat there staring at it for like ten minutes trying to remember what I could possibly have bought Bonnie at the RenFest. I remembered Anna's gift for Grace, and I remembered Anna's brand new beautiful cudgel, but I could not shake the feeling that I had left the RenFest without buying one single thing. Luckily Anna remembered...

So right! I already had a present for Bonnie! I don't know why I was so dead set on the idea that I had to get a Christmas present for Bonnie when I already have one! Actually now I have three, because I bought one extra thing (as I had always intended), and I suppose what happened was that I forgot about the RenFest present and only remembered I wanted to get a couple of things for Bonnie, so I got still another thing! Like a big dummy! And if I hadn't reread my blog post, then I would not have remembered Bonnie's first present, and probably I would have completely forgotten about it until Christmas was over and college was over and I was cleaning out my dorm room and I found it hidden way in the back of somewhere and was like, Well shit. I forgot about this.

In other news, I enjoy buying people books for Christmas because then they can't not read them without hurting my feelings. It's very easy to tell people, You really must read this book, but unless you give it to them properly, as a gift, they might very easily forget to read the book you've told them to read. When all along you know they would love it! Yay for Christmas!

No comments: