Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The writers (who I support)

Much as I really want the writers to return and sort everything out, I totally support them. And I just wanted to say that. Because it's disgraceful the writers aren't getting different cuts of DVD sales than they got when VHS and Beta was new and expensive to produce, especially because everyone watches DVDs now. And writers need more. And it is also very shocking that the Wicked Companies™ are running web episodes and showing ads, which they are then getting revenue for every time somebody watches the episodes online (which people do extremely frequently) and not giving the writers any money whatsoever. I'm not even sure if the writers get a cut of the episodes that are sold on iTunes and Amazon, though they very plainly should.

And that is my two cents. The movie and TV people are assholes. I am not pleased with them. Only with Steve Carell et al.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOM you support.

Jenny said...

Uh-huh. I know that. But actually when I was writing that, I was making a little joke to myself from The Sandman, because one time Delirium is telling someone about her brother and she calls him "Dream-who-you-met" and it made me smile. And that is what I am referring to with my incorrect use of "who".