Saturday, June 6, 2009

Holy crap, peaches

How did I forget about peaches? It is suddenly peach season! Like magic! I went to the grocery shop, and I was looking around for pecans in order to make a salad (yeah, ya heard - I'm making a salad, and it is going to be AWESOME), and instead of pecans! I found! Peaches!

And they looked sort of small and sad, so instead of buying A THOUSAND OF THEM, I only bought one, one little peach that felt exactly squishy enough, and on the way home, I was trying to convince myself not to get too excited about it, because peaches are great but they're hard to get right. Oftentimes peaches are not that delicious.

I got home and I sliced off a piece and oh, my God, it was perfect. Perfect I say. There has never been such a delicious peach in the entire history of peaches. I mean maybe there has, but I have no way of knowing about it, because I have been living in a state of peach withdrawal. I didn't realize what a wretched state it was until I had this peach, the most delicious peach ever.

Peaches are my favorite food. Don't think I'm just saying this because I'm basking in the afterglow of a peachgasm. Peaches really are my favorite food. I have often said that if I had to live on only one food for the rest of my life, it would be peaches. Yes, I would be as sick as a dog, but really, living on only one food, that's inevitable, and at least my mouth would be happy.

GET A PEACH MY FRIENDS.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Living on peaches would give you poopy problems. Just saying.

Mumsy said...

Once, when I was 22, I went to live with my dear, dear grandmother. And every morning when I came into her kitchen at 6 am (on my way to calculus class at 7:30), she would have left a peach (in the most divine state of perfect ripeness) in a little bowl on the kitchen counter. With Half-and-Half next to it.

Because, as grandmothers go, she was Plato's grandmother.

tim said...

Living on any single type of food would give you poopy problems. I too pick peaches.

Jenny said...

Yeah. What food would YOU pick, smarty-pants Robyn? Huh? HUH?

Jenny said...

(Your grandmother was exceptionally excellent, Mumsy.)