Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, wow

You know what's nice? When two completely unrelated things that you like come together. Like if - well, I don't know, I can't think of an example apart from the one I'm apart to give. But particularly I like it when a thing you have just become interested in or fond of suddenly appears in relation to a thing in which you have a longstanding interest.

I only mention this because Vertigo just re-released their Tarot cards in honor of the 20th anniversary of Sandman, and they are damn cool. Dave McKean did them. I love Dave McKean's art. I have never seen anything that Dave McKean has drawn that hasn't been cool and interesting and layered and a little creepy.

Behold! Aren't they cool and beautiful? Dave McKean should be in charge of all art everywhere. I wish I had a really massive Dave McKean picture to put up in my living room. It wouldn't match anything; but my furniture doesn't all match anyway, so who cares?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I don't like them AT ALL.

You would have to read those cards to skeazy heroin addicts.

Jenny said...

Seriously, you don't like them? But what about their extreme beauty?

...Do you just have some weird aversion to the brilliant and talented Dave McKean who is a genius?

Anonymous said...

I think they're nice as art, but as Tarot cards I don't much like them.

But what I really wanted to say is that your post titles this month are very heavy on "O"s and "W"s. It looks weird.