Friday, August 25, 2006

Harvard says that I am not a homophobe

So don’t anyone even try to tell me I don’t love the gays. I totally love the gays. I even love them subconsciously. I took an Implicit Association Test, and it turns out that I have a slight automatic preference for gay people over straight people (although this would be more accurate, I think, if they flashed pictures of gay people and straight people doing smoochies, rather than just flashing symbols, but it would not make any difference to me). Here is the link, for your delectation and delight.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/measureyourattitudes.html

In other news, South Africa is going to legalize gay marriage before we do. Just to remind you, this is the same South Africa that only got rid of apartheid twelve years ago, and they love the gays more than we (but not I) do.

25 August 2006

No comments: